Sunday, June 27, 2010

TenMarks Summer Programs



Research shows that students lose 2 months of math learning over the summer!  But there is something you can do about it!  Tyler my 9 year old has been working on keeping up his math skills with TenMarks interactive math program. The program is customized to each student. Each week he is assigned 3 worksheets based on his current math level and ability.  Along with the worksheets are hints and video lessons for each topic. 

Tyler has been able to work independently for the most part, but sometimes the questions are worded in a way that he has needed assistance understanding what they are asking.  For example one of the questions asked:

Count minimum number of coins and bills for the change without using quarters

Cost : $3.07

You Give : $5.00

When he pressed the button to ask for a hint it said:

Hint: Exhaust the highest denominations - $1.00 is the highest denomination

Once I helped explain how to solve the problem, he was able to move right along and answer the other questions that were similar.


He loves when he gets the answers correct, and when he completes the assignments on-line he doesn't even realize that he is learning!

TenMarks has19 different programs, personalized for all levels of learning and achievement. Students practice one topic at a time with interactive worksheets, with hints to guide them, and video lessons to help when needed. Priced at only $39.99 for the entire summer, the types of programs available are:

•Step Up - review skills from past year, preview year ahead.

•Foundation - refresh core concepts (Algebra, Geometry, Fractions,...).

•Custom - personalized, based on a quick assessment.

My overall ranking is a 9 out of 10, and I would definitely reccomend the program!

To view a flyer for more information about Ten Marks click here.
 
To try it yourself, click here.
 
Disclosure: I received a trial of the program to give my opinion.  I have given my honest opinions about the program, and I was not swayed in any way by the free trial.

1 comment:

Pragmatic Mom said...

My friend at work tried the summer math program with her daughter who is now a 4th grader-- she had read my post on it at http://www.pragmaticmom.com/?p=9189.


It was really successful because her daughter thought it was really fun math games! I love that! Did you have great success with it also?