Saturday, July 30, 2011

Homeschool Organization Inspiration


I love looking at and stealing getting ideas from other homeschoolers' homeschool spaces.  Here are just a few ideas I've beeen looking at lately:



This scissor display from Spell Outloud is practical and fun!  She made it using a magnetic knife holder from Ikea.  I love the label at top - adds an element of literacy for the kiddos, and really what kid does not love to play with magnets?

I am all about color coding - with 6 boys it is one of the things that helps keep me sane - each boy has their own color and I try to get everything for them in that color from cups to hangers to notebooks and folders.  That is why I love this idea from Mama to 4 Blessings.

She has divided each week of work for her homeschooler into folders by color.



But the most ingenious part of her system (in my humble opinion) are the matching color coded tags for when she needs to make copies.  Love That!



Be sure to visit her blog to see how she makes the whole system work.  She will be sharing her workbox organization soon.

I also am going to be adding the idea of keeping a library bag like the one used by Amber at A Classic Housewife in a Modern World.  Usually each of my boys keeps their own library books, but then it is a scramble to find them or we have to re-check them out because we don't know where they all are.  I think this year I will make them keep them in one bag, they can take them out to read, but must return them to the bag.




You will also want to visit her blog to see how she organizes her calendar!

Also, I am seriously jealous of Amber because she has one of these - it has been on my Amazon wish list for awhile now :)  Do you have one? Do you love it? Hate it? Pros/Cons?



Stay tuned for some more inspiration - including shots from my own home!  Aren't you excited? LOL!  If you would like to share some of your own tips leave them in the comments below or email me and I will link up to you and share some link love!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

The Desk Apprentice is awesome. I *heart* it. :)

Mama to 5 said...

YOUR SO SWEET! THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND POST ABOUT MY SYSTEM - YOU BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES. I NEEDED THE ENCOURAGEMENT! :)
HUGS, NICOLE